badge

Sunday 25 October 2015

Happ tummy Happy smiles

Making someone smile is important specially if this someone happens to be immediate family and close friends. However my family is so diverse that making everyone happy in one go is difficult.
But for me celebration time is all about having the entire family over to my place and let the fun times overflow.
In an attempt to bring a smile to the face of my loved ones I follow the adage that the way to a persons heart is through his or her stomach. People may forget anything that you do for them however they seldom forget lip smacking tasty and mouth watering food/meal. Tasty food is both the key to a persons heart and a challenge to make for the person who is preparing the food.
For instance when the elders sit and talk the snack that they prefer is spicy and garlic flavored snacks. So the snack to win everyone’s heart is Chilli Garlic Potato Bites.



Did I just say “So that is the snack that makes everyone happy” its true if I don't count the kids.
For the kids the snack to win their hearts is Aloo ki tikki.





Every time when my aunt comes over I have to make her favorite Super Wedges.


With this menu the snacks seem sorted out but wait….
The same menu every time? Not for my guests as Variety is the spice of life and the element of surprise keeps the excitement intact for every get together.
Initially the idea that I am willing to make a snack to suit every one in the family did get me the tag of the favorite /best host but at the same time when the bellies are full with the food The biggest question is, Is this food healthy?
What oil did you use to fry the snacks?
Here I must confess and share a secret that is that all snacks need not be fried. I must add to this statement that I have discovered a way to cook my snacks that is instead of frying I opt to bake them. Even when I am making a fried snack I have a secret recipe to make my snack cholesterol and trans fat free. So when I share the nutritional facts about the snacks that I cook the frowns turn into a smile


 
There are plenty of people out there who would be thinking that like a dutiful host I would be spending my entire day in the kitchen cooking one snack after the other. To this my friends I must share another secret that I spend no more then three minutes on any particular snack.
So be it

 Or

Or



or


or





or
or

or

or
or

I can put a snack on the table in a few minutes.
At the risk of sounding boastful I must admit that the longest I have taken to prepare these snacks is 3 minutes (This is the time for deep frying and for baking it is a 12 -15 minutes) and those who have tasted my snacks would vouch for the fact that my snacks taste just yummy.

You might say that I might be an expert cook or a chef who has expertise in cooking.
I must confess that neither am I an expert cook or a chef but a regular office going guy who just wants to keep his family and guests healthy,happy and smiling.




Instead of of having a magic wand or using some kind of magic I have a secret assistant called McCain
The secret I want to share is that my freezer has a few permanent residents that are packs of
McCain French Fries - Extra Crisp, Extra Delicious













 All these are tried and tested snacks to bring a smile on the faces of those who eat them

So when I go to cook a snack I just take out a pack of McCain and the best part is that there is no need to thaw the ingredients. I can just deep fry the contents of the pack and in about 3 minutes the snack is in a plate ready to be devoured by my guests.
In case I decide to bake my snack the process gets done in 12-15 minutes .Irrespective of the way I prepare the snack its taste turns out to be equally fabulous.
What reduces the freezer to table time for the snack is the fact that each McCain snack is Pre-cooked in Pure Vegetable Oil .
For someone like me who has a large extended family and whose house is always teeming with guests I could not be serving my guests the same above snacks over and over again throughout the year so I opt for variations
for instance the McCain Smiles can be turned into a fun sandwich



Aloo ki tikki can be turned into a Chapati Roll or wrap






 






In my experience the people who come over are either family, friends and neighbors and there is the unknown variety of guests who tag along or are the guests of our guests. Often there are those office seniors and the boss about whose food habits we seldom know much about.At such instances I pay heed to my grandmothers advice. When in doubt about what to cook then make something with
potatoes as potatoes are eaten all around the world and it is one of the most widely used food ingredient so I opt for a pack of McCain snacks that are made with potatoes.
I am still the person who cannot differentiate much between a screwdriver and a ladle.
Yet my snacks turn out just right every time.
So next time you have guests over you can always call me and I would gladly help you put together a snack on the table with the help of McCain
Or better still why don't you pick up a pack of McCain yourself and indulge in some healthy and quick snack making for yourself and for those you care about and get the credit of preparing a lip smacking snack.The satisfaction of bringing a smile through your food to the faces of those you care about is a reward in itself and the realization that you are cooking something healthy is a bonus.
http://www.mccainindia.com/





No comments:

Post a Comment