badge

Sunday 15 November 2015

Chase your dreams to be a winner

Life is an unexpected journey with its share of ups and downs. Life throws up unexpected challenges when we feel the sailing is smooth suddenly we are faced with a roadblock or a boulder that blocks our path. Some of us just sit there leaving things to fate and there are others amongst us who dare to take each obstacle as a challenge turning each opposition and challenge into an opportunity and coming out a winner. They thrive on challenges and each challenge makes them get stronger and reach higher in life.
School life was fairly smooth for me. Thereafter I began to witness the harsh realities of life. Suddenly I found myself having landed in the big bad world where you need money and infact lots of it for anything you want. Right from college admission to expensive books everything needs a lot of money. I had always wanted to join an engineering college and now I realized that due to lack of money I could not afford to pursue the engineering degree I was so eager to pursue.
Seeing so many of my classmates join the courses of their choice despite the fact that they had lesser marks then me made me very depressed. It was a feeling of standing at the station and watching your train leave.
I relinquished my dreams of a bright professional future and took admission in a correspondence course as I wanted to earn enough to support myself. In those days there were very few job opportunities for fresh school pass outs like me as neither did I have a professional qualification nor did I have any job experience. As luck would have it I landed myself a job in a garment export unit in another city. I relocated to this city and took up a paying guest accommodation. As I had joined a correspondence course I had no difficulty in moving to another city. I worked hard in my first job and was promoted to the post of a supervisor. There was an increase in pay and for the first time I felt that my life would be smooth from hereon . However every evening when I returned home I was greeted by an elderly couple who were my neighbors. They used to take coaching classes for neighboring children who could not afford education. Seeing these children study used to remind me of my dreams. Even though I had given up my dreams but perhaps there were still some sparks left in the ashes of dreams burnt down by the realities of real world.
Sitting with this couple was a soothing experience for me. When they asked me about my future plans I told them I had none as I was here to earn some money. Even the correspondence course studies had been put on the back burner my me. They encouraged me to think and plan for my future as I was very young and could achieve anything that I set my eyes upon. This was their motto. I confided in them about my dreams and shared with them my feelings that I felt that my dreams had been left far behind.
Hearing the story of my life this elderly uncle whom everyone knew as Ramesh Sir shared the story of his life. I was surprised to know that he was a qualified engineer from a reputed college .When he shared the story of his hardships I was overwhelmed my the magnitude of challenges faced by him. He was the son of a poor landless farmer. At an early age he had to work to support his family of six. Everyday he would walk about 5 miles to go to school. After coming back he would help his parents in the fields and it was only in the night that he got the opportunity to study that too sitting under the sole lamp that was installed outside the village heads house. He had never had a smooth going as everyday was a new challenge. Braving the weather and the elements he marched on to educate himself and five of his siblings. He told me how he took the competitive exams but could not pass in the first attempt as he had studied in a vernacular medium and all the papers were in english. Instead of giving up hope he took up the help of a school teacher and learned the English language for a whole year. Next year he appeared and successfully cleared the entrance exams. This conversation proved to be very motivational for me my problems were so small as compared to what he had faced. Now my next question was can I too train under him and try to attempt the engineering entrance exam once again ? He ready agreed to train me. He told me that becoming an engineer and getting a degree should not be my sole motto. The life of an engineer is full of challenges both mental as well as physical. He was very focused and determined person who helped me learn and respect time. I began to do and achieve more within a given day due to better time management. He taught me to foresee situations and prepare myself for all the possible outcomes . When I looked at him I saw a person who had self belief. He was very motivated and had the quality and the ability of motivating others .Being with him helped me bring out the best in me. He had an engineering degree from a reputed college and an illustrious career behind him so why did he leave all that. Instead of reaping the fruits of labor and hard work why had he given it all up to live the life of a school teacher who teaches underprivileged children for free?
To which he replied. That there are so many good engineers out there who can do the job that he did but he could be more productive here helping train and engineer the futures of so many young people. What about the engineering degree that he had worked so hard to earn ? To this he replied that engineering or any study for that matter is all about a state of mind. He still uses his skill to undertake community projects like building a rain harvesting system for the community or setting up a solar panel project for a remote village. Despite having achieved so much in life I was touched by his simplicity,f ocus ,dedication and selflessness . Instead of making loads of money for himself and living in a lavish style he was touching other peoples lives with the magic of his genius.
He was a man truly #madeofgreat who trained me and helped me achieve my dream of becoming an engineer. After I graduated I went to thank him and before I left his parting words to me were “never stop dreaming and chasing your dreams. Our dreams are what keep us alive and give us a reason to strive, reach out and be a winner in whatever we do.”


You too can win an Amazon Voucher worth Rs 750/- by answering in the comment section (please do leave your email to reach you in case you are picked as a winner)
“What do you think of TataMotors association with Lionel Messi?”

10 comments:

  1. Tata Motors has earned the goodwill from giving the best and innovative Automobiles and it is also known as one the best Automobile Manufactures. And if you see the Lionel Messi , his throughout dedication, zeal , targeted goal of life and technically soundness make him big, achiever and remarkable position in the world.
    As per me, the association of Tata Motors and Messi is a grand amalgamation of two legendary entities of the world, and their amalgamation will definitely break down the clutters and affect the cut throat competition of Tata Motors. Tata motors will sure get a huge preference by the fans of Messi. This will sure make a record of Tata motors in the world of production or may be the highest selling automobiles.
    Tata motor’s main target is to give an impression on the large amount of crowd and this can be achieved only through the Messi, because the youth generation is crazy for MESSI and this can be smart move and a great achievement for Tata Motors they positioned MESSI as their BRAND AMBASSADOR .
    In the nutshell, Tata Motors , Messi joining hands will definitely give more soundness in technicality of promotional strategies and Messi’s influence will influence the audience for choosing Tata Motors and expand the business drastically.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People like Ramesh Sir are real heroes. Thanks for sharing his story, very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post describes #madeofgreat so well that it has winner written all over it. Good luck for your entry.
    Here is my answer.
    Like minds think and act alike looking at the track record of TATA Motors it has stood the test of time and built a business that was built using bricks of hard work on a foundation of trust. Authenticity, reliability, simplicity, as well as its commitment to innovation are the trademarks of brand TATA Motors. These same qualities are present in Lionel Messi who with his immense talent has made a mark for himself on the international football field .Facing all hardships he has worked hard toiling on the fields and in training sessions facing injuries and pressure to come out trumps and be a winner. Thus these two greats Lionel Messi and TATA Motors are made for each other .There association is a bond of two legends
    In case you pick me a winner my email id is : princess09hema@gmail.com
    Fingers crossed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The story of a Legend in himself – that’s how I will describe it in a short sentence. Very well written with words which enhance the simplicity yet greatness of the person. Salutations and very happy for you to have got inspired and bringing out your best in life.

    My answer: Tata is a name which any and every person can rely on for its honesty, commitment and perseverance. Lionel Messi is a legend who has carved his name in history books with total dedication to the game, simple living and improvisation which is seen with each game he plays. The association of Tata Motors and Lionel Messi as their Brand Ambassador will definitely give an edge to the Tata group over its competitors solely because the brand Ambassador also holds the same reputation of not letting his fans down ever, like Tata Motors who have given the best to the world over the decades. Its an exemplary association par excellence.

    You can choose my answer as the Voucher winning comment if you feel I described it all well.. :) Please remember to post it on the Indiblogger contest page today..


    ReplyDelete
  5. Yours is a very well written post your .Its is a very nice description of #madeofgreat
    TATA Motors is a brand associated with performance, endurance and excellence. These words are also synonymous with Lionel Messi who plays as a forward and weaves his magic on the football field.Just as Lionel Messi is considered the best footballer in the world ,TATA motors which is Indias premier automotive manufacturer gives wheels to the people of India with its wide range of vehicles. Both believe in excelling in whatever they do and set examples for others to follow. They compliment each other as both are reliable trustworthy and leaders thus Lionel Messi is the natural choice as the brand ambassador of TATA Motors
    Please consider me as a winner
    Email: yagneshbjoshi10099@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your post defines #madeofgreat to the hilt.Very well written and interesting post indeed.
    My Answer
    Tata Motors is a brand that makes durable vehicles, with its MADE IN INDIA mark makes every Indian proud. It is a brand seen globally as Trusted, Reliable, Innovative and at the forefront of technology. In its journey since
    inception it has overcome all odds, competition, and adversities with grit and determination. These same qualities are associated with Lionel Messi who was very talented and hardworking from a very early age. With each game that
    he played he kept improving his skills and built a career to become one of the best player of professional football. There qualities make both TATA Motors and Lionel Messi giants who perfectly compliment each other and Lionel Messi the right and perfect Ambassador who stands for the same values that TATA Motors does.
    Contact : bhuwan198grover@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your post defines #madeofgreat to the hilt. Goodluck for the contest
    My answer is:
    Authenticity, reliability, simplicity, as well as its commitment to innovation are the pillars of strength on

    which TATA have built a brand that has put India on the global map. It is a brand that has stood the test of time

    just like Lionel Messi who tackles opposition on the field with his skill,agility,strategy,brilliance and raw

    power to reach and score a goal so has been the track record of TATA motors who has become a brand leader and a

    global giant. These qualities make TATA Motors and Lionel Messi perfect partners who stand for the same set of

    values thus Lionel Messi is the perfect brand ambassador to represent TATA Motors.
    Hope my best to be a winner here; do contact me for the prize at mahima2014j@gmail.com
    fingers crossed

    ReplyDelete

  8. Tata Motors' association with Lionel Messi spells a significantly notable alliance that will steer the company towards favourable benefits. I always acknowledge Tata Motors as a distinctive name in Auto industry, which will not let the success 'larger-than life' elude from its fate now with a timeless guild with iconic figure Messi. I don't see this union of Tata Motors as an aspirational effort for garnering some quick publicity and evoke specific reaction from myriad crowd with Celeb branding, but is rightly an embellished handshake for keeping up the pace to get to the pinnacle of success graph. To sum things up, I am joyous to see the brand and the star uniting for 'One in a Million' #madeofgreat power-packed drive ahead :)

    Shilpa Bindlish
    shilpa.bindlish@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a brilliant post, all the best to you :)
    When it comes to impact and impacting millions of lives, Yes, we can see both Tata Motors and Lionel Messi being the pioneers here. While the very name Tata is enough to make us go back to all our history books where we have seen there hardly is a comparable name that has contributed so much to the society in such an ethical manner, the very name Messi conjures up images of a boy-man who has turned the world upside down with his talent, determination, discipline and never-give-up spirit. The compatibility between the values they both share is intense and that is the reason this partnership works perfectly.

    With a concern for the society at large,everything that Tata has done has inspired us to dream big, conquer the world and pour all our energy back into the society to do good and inspire good. By facing his demons, Messi has done the same. He enjoys a God-like status in the world today because he dared to dream, achieved the sky and still hasn't lost his humanity a bit. He is still a child at heart and he gives back with his multiple philanthropic activities just like Tata does!

    Talk to any person in India, ask them about the companies they admire the most. Tata is right there at the top. This name is beyond bottomline, spreadsheets, return on investment and share price. It is equivalent to soul of India-soft, kind, diverse, dynamic, eternal. Just like that Messi has emerged as not just another football player but someone whose very life is an inspiration, whose personal struggles are a template for others to emulate and who has morphed into an eternal legend.

    While it would take eons to write about what makes Tata Motors and Messi great, as their list of achievements is too long for us to even skim over, suffice to say that this partnership is for the ages. As they say, some things are made in heaven :)

    Thank you for this opportunity.
    -Richa Shailendra, lovelyricha1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete